Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - OK, if you care...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, if you care...

Here it is, my own pet project... I welcome ANY advice you all can provide.

What I am after is a killer street machine that is extremely off-road capable, yet does not look like your typical rock crawler. In other words, I am NOT going to load it down with trail racks, fake brush-guard bumpers, dozens of lights, or even a winch. I plan on a 2" receiver front bumper with a winch pull-off so I can run the thing during the week without that on the front end. A DAILY commuter!

I want this to be a scream'n street buggy, yet not afraid of Moab's Golden Spike....

Baseline: 2000 TJ Sport, soft top, hard doors, heavy duty electrics, Canyon 15x8's running 30" rubber.

Now - and the subject of the picture you see (if it attaches correctly): Same, but with American Racing wheels (put the canyon's up against a really high curb last winter), 250 watt Jenson amp, Rockford Phosgate box in place of the rear seat pushing 12" wolfers.

Metallica graphics have been added.... what is in the hopper:

33x12.50 MT/R's, in the garage, waiting .... for killer wheels - like Centerline style 814, but could use some advice. I am looking at 35's in the future. Should I go with a 10" rim now?

4" ProComp lift, purchased and waiting to be installed next weekend... wish me luck! Any advice on this kit would be appreciated.

Lockers - Detroit EZ? OXLock? Gimme some ideas!

Soft doors, two piece.. Bestop?

I want to put on some 6" fender flares - Steel Horse, Bestop, or other?

Puttin' it out there... talk to me!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-331814-+jeepminusdoors.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome