Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - AMC 360 EFI options?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AMC 360 EFI options?

I have a circle track racing buddy and they wouldn't touch the old non-digital versions, but they like the newer digital version. They run them all the time. The only current problem that I have heard has to do with fuel pumps burning up(he keeps several laying around). It is supposed to be mounted lower than the tank. They don't like to mount them in places that can easily get yanked off(kinda like a Jeeper wouldn't). About the only place to mount them(and if you call Holley about a Jeep application) is on the bottom of the frame under the rocker pannel. Real exposed. I asked him the other day about mouning it on the skid plate for the gas tank for a Jeep, and he said that it was possible(I really don't know much about a FI system). Won't be under the tank, but will at least be on the bottom(they now are mounting them towards the top of the frame rail, probably why they are burning so many up). Maybe mount it on the side, with a lip welded onto the skid for protection against trail damage.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
<font color=green>"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."-Anon.</font color=green>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome