Off Roading Forums banner

Pictures of My Jeep almost finished!!!

516 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Well i tried to experiment with posting pics on this thread and they seemed to not want to work for me. You can see pictures of my jeep by going clicking this link
http://www.geocities.com/higherresolutions
or you can go further into this post and find the link.
Dan Stewart
1963 CJ5 with the goods
1973 CJ5 soon to have the goods

G
#7 ·
Well the pics didn't work for me either but the link did. It looks great. Doesn't look like you're too far from being done. There is a flatfender on the way to my parents house that has been for sale for almost a year now. The guy should be about ready to give it away by now. It needs a lot of work. Man these pics sure make me want to start another project. Looks great, can't wait to see some trail pics.

K-16

#11 ·
Jaffer,
We havn't tried out the clutch yet. Everything looks kosher, but I will hope to drive it home tonight. I got the master cylinder and slave cylinder with a stainless flex hose and adjustable pushrod. The parts are from AFCO racing equipmwnt. I might have spelled it wrong. The bracket my friend made was from 1/2 inch steel. The lower bolt hole on the block was used as was the spare hole in the bellhousing. The slave bolts to that. The clutch fork had to be modified, because it did not extend much beyond the bellhousing. A spare clutch fork end that accepted a pushrod was grafted onto the original clutch fork. It is pretty straight forward. At the same time i replace the brake master cylinder to a firewall type. The brake and clutch pedals are from an early 70's CJ5. These fit fine because the tubs are pretty much the same. I hade to move the pedals to the left a little, becausei got the steering converted to power. To hook the Clutch master cylinder I drilled a hole in the pedal, check for the movement of pedal. The clutch mastercylinder has a threaded puchrod that is part of the unit. I got a screwon adapter to mate it to the pedal. It ia a steel fitting with a 90 degree screw on the side that connects with a little ball joint. I slipped this through the pedal hole and boloted it on. I will get more pictures of it later.

The yellow on the jeep is actually a little darker than in the pictures. But already it has been dubbed the big bird. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Dan Stewart
1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

#12 ·
Sweet looking Jeep Dan. I suppose now that its nearly completion I should tell you about the '82 Scrambler I found in Tampa (or was it St. Pete?) for $2500 obo... Its on the left side of Nebraska Ave as you head south, within a mile of Hillsborough (sp?)...

If anyone wants the phone number, drop me a line. I'm trying not to get into any new projects until the Wrangler is back in action

'Gator Chaser

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.