Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Lost my Scrambler!!!! (Long)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
TOM85CJ7
Keyboard Implanted

Lost my Scrambler!!!! (Long)

I am sure some of you can relate to the story I am about to tell. There is a Jeep Scrambler in my new neighborhood that I have been watching for the last 8 months. It is parked in this guys front yard and hasn't moved. It has some surface rust, but otherwise looks pretty good. So about 5 months ago I finally saw this guy in his yard and asked him about it. He said he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it and that he was looking for a CJ7. I ask him if he wants to sell it and he says no, not yet. So about a month ago I see a really nice built CJ7 in his yard along with the Scrambler. So I think alright maybe he is ready to sell the Scrambler, so I leave a note on his gate. Let me mention that I have driven by this guys house every day for the last 6-7 months and I have only seen him once. I don't hear from the guy so I assume he is busy or not interested. So yesterday I am driving by and the guy is in his yard with the doors to his Scrambler open. I stop and yell "Hey are you ready to sell that Scrambler Yet?" Of course, he replies that he is just cleaning it out so his brother-in-law can come pick it up because he is buying it. I am not happy.......
Anyway it looks like if I had really wanted it I should have made a bigger effort, because after talking to this guy I am sure he would have sold it to me if I had the money in my hand. So the moral of this story is go get some cash and don't be afraid to pester the hell out of someone if you see a Jeep you really want, if you don't someone's brother-in-law will be driving your Scrambler.

This story sucks.......

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome