Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Anyone using the RE 2.5in Lift on a YJ?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone using the RE 2.5in Lift on a YJ?

With a 2.5" lift you WILL need the transfer case lowering kit. Even if you don't experience driveline vibrations, you will wear out the joints much faster. You will get it with the RE kit since it's one of the most complete kits on the market. You can easily make your own since it's just 1" spacers.

Note however that RE sells 2 kits for the YJ. The cheapest include Pro Comp leaf springs which are the worst leaf springs ever. The ride is very harsh and they do not flex. Further more when I got my kit I got 4 front springs. Needless to say the rear was sagging and I had to install an add a leaf kit. They claim that they engineered the springs this way so that the YJ sits level and flexes more in the rear. BS If you ask me. Carrying just a cooler and a jerry can in the back will bottom the rear suspension on every obstacle.

The more expensive kit include springs from National Springs which are very good and flex great. Go for that kit if it's within your Jeep budget.

Trust me I learned this the hard way.

A.B.

If you didn't get stuck, you didn't wheel hard enough...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome