Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - What ever came of "our" axle wrap discussion?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:10 AM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: What ever came of \"our\" axle wrap discussion?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When we finally get finished with the critical stuff and our CJ is running, I am going to take the time to build an anti-wrap for our Model 20. In that case, what I will want to do is take all the thrust on the piggy itself, not on the already-too-thin tubes. My thought was to have two clamps on each of piggy's ears where the tube welds in, and one clamp around piggy's nose. The three points will be the basis for an anti-wrap linkage which has two links at axle level and one a bit higher. By operating on the piggy exclusively, it removes the tubes from the torque equation entirely, putting zero torque on the spring pads.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome