Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - simple axel swap question please read
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

simple axel swap question please read

ok i know most of you are thinkg just do a search. well i did and didn't find the answer to my question

ok i want to swap in d44 in rear and d44 in front. i'm also looking at fsj amc 20 for rear also. here is the the thing i dont want to cut them down to size i'll leave them at 58" or what ever they came with.

rear i'll just move the spring pearches. front i'll move my spring hangers out and inch or how ever far i need to to clear the diff.

my question is stearing. what do i have to do to get the stearing to work. i want to keep my power stearing that came with my jeep. would i just need to get longer tirods and other stearing components?

this is on a budget a small one so the axels will be comming out of the same vehical. probably a scout or a waggy. so i wont have to swap gears to get them to match. i want 3.54s to 3.08s i dont mind switching my wheels to a 6 lug. i think it would be cheeper to find some used rims than to change to 5 lug. sorry this is so long. one last thing i will be keeping it sprung under.

80 cj7 304, WC t-5

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome