Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 3.4l heads on a 2.8l
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 04:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 3.4l heads on a 2.8l

I have a few places that have the heads. I just haven't priced them yet. The only reason that I am looking at this is I just replaced my 2.8. At the time I didn't know about the options available. I spent about $1200 On that 2.8 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. The only reason that I am looking into the 3.4 head is I think that I am going to swap one in, after I get some of my moneys worth out of the 2.8. Then I can just get a short block 3.4. Another reason that I am looking into it is I would like to have fuel injection. When Jeep used the 2.8 in '86 they still put on the varijet. With the little research I have done it looks like the heads are the same. (I am having a hard time finding information on the 2.8 and the 3.4) They just have larger valves in them. The carburated 2.8 having the smallest, fuel injected 2.8 a little larger, and the 3.4 the largest. I am looking to get the most horsepower without buying things that are 2.8 specific. Do you know where I can get the information that I need. Thanx for any help you can give me......

Ben [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome