Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - want to do t-master 5"
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 03:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: want to do t-master 5\"

The Rancho kit (3") and T-master kit (~4") both lower the location of the t-bars making them verry vulnerable to damage.. Tru$t me I know.. If your seriously thinking about rock crawling go with a solid front axle (SFA) conversion.. IFS is not good at all on crawling and hard angle situations.. The cost of the IFS kits are staggering, starting over $1000 and then installs range around $500 or more.. For what, its just giving you more room to install biger tires, no more travel or any thing benificial. A bodylift can do that for under $100.. Get some stronger T-bars like the SAW's and you can crank them a little more than the stock for about a 2" lift.. Keep them tucked in the frame and avoid the IFS lift.. Or I can sell you my Rancho kit when I do my SFA swap..
SFA swaps are even more expencive than the 'Kits' because its really all fabricated and your getting a different front axle.. But the benifits are noticeable..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome