Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Trailering a Scout II
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Trailering a Scout II

Thank you for your response. I just got back. Towed the Scout on it's rear wheels on a U-Haul dolly with a swivel platform. I disconnected the rear driveshaft, and left it in 4 wheel and 1st so the tranny was holding the front wheels steady (hubs locked). Duct-taped the driveshaft and bearings to the exhaust pipe so nothing would go flying. I told the U-Haul guys I was towing my mom's Pontiac, and, since I was driving a 1 ton van, they didn't question it. Everything worked perfectly. Sad thing is, I was towing my Scout halfway to it's new home. It'll be picked up by the new owner next week. I'm now legally and technically without a Scout, and this probably won't change anytime soon. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Sometimes, practicality sucks...but it needed to happen. I'll be around occasionally (I actually have an IH engine right now; it's just in a Ford van...ironic since my Scout had a Nissan diesel), but not as often as before...and I will be back. Keep on truckin'...

The Warden

1984 Ford E-350 cargo-turned-conversion van; 6.9l, C-6, 3.54 posi

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome