Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Newbie has Questions:
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Newbie has Questions:

Hello! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm new to this forum and am hoping I can stop searching for a place to discuss 4x4'ing now that I've found it.

I just bought a 1984 Chevy Blazer. It has a small lift, no idea what size or even how to tell. Do I measure the shackles that lift the suspension up to tell the size of the lift? It's definitely a suspension lift and not a body lift.

It has a 350 with an Edlebrock Intake, Holly 600 4 BBL, Edlebrock valve covers, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now. I found the original owners manual in the truck and it has all the engine details hand written inside. Something about TRW bearings with an oil slot or something, I dunno. That's why I'm here ..... to learn [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, The first thing I need to do to this thing is figure out why the truck drifts going down the road. The suspension feels very nice ie: you don't feel bumps when you hit them. This makes me think the shocks are all in good shape. I visually inspected them and they look good -- no rust; even the paint on the shock is good.

So what is going to make my truck drift? when I hit bumps, it's even worse. The truck takes the bumps smoothly, but it drifts to the right/left when it does. How can I tighten up the handling on this thing?

Any help, or even an Idea on how to start to figure out why this is happening, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome