Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - A few engine questions
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
laketex

Re: A few engine questions

I don't know about that shortblock. For $1200 I'd think you'd get a lot more than that. Also don't know that I'd run nitrous with cast pistons. I'd say that's asking for trouble. My opinion only, you see how smart I am [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

So you think 400 is the way to go? I currently have a 350 shortblock '94 crate with 60K on it to work with, but I could always trade it for a 400. What about the 400 heads cracking? Still a big problem? Will vortec 350 heads work for this application or too small?

Another thing, I've heard that the crate 350s aren't too good for rebuilding...due to not so good blocks. If I did a 377 with this motor, would it hold up? Thanks for all yalls input. It's all appreciated but dang I'm a novice in the motor dept.

Also, 89silverado, what's this performer TBI pkg? Is that for folks that already have a fuel injection? I'd sure like to inject this new engine, but am not too sure who to go with. I was leaning toward Howell though....

Bryan

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
LakeTex
Durant, OK
'79 Blazer almost running! ----need a money tree----

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome