Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Trailmaster 4"
Thread: Trailmaster 4"
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 06:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Trailmaster 4\"

Ive got the kit myself, and considered coil overs myself to eliminate the problem of the torison bars. Dont know how this would affect camber/caster with the truck since the front end alignment seems to rely fairly heavily on the amount of preload on the bars. The front end is set up to run with the torisons in place, so I cant figure out how it would all come together with coil-overs. Fabtech would be my choice of company to get the parts from if this was done. I would say after you really look at the cost of fabricating mounts, and getting the coil-overs themselves, your costs might not be worth it when you look at doing a solid axle swap. The axle swap would probably be considerably more expensive if you had it done right by a pro. However, the benefits of a solid front axle are definitely worth the investment in my eyes. Have you lifted your truck already? You might want to look into another type of lift (a-arm lift) and a combination body lift if the torisons are such a concern. Just my thoughts! Sorry for the long post!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome