Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Bad Weekend..Venting..Jeeper in need of support.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 11:36 AM
Pete88YJ
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Bad Weekend..Venting..Jeeper in need of support.

I feel for both of you guys, and you're right - nobody is perfect. We've all done things that are wrong, or didn't do things we should have done. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I am surely not meaning to singe out Jeepskate, but the number of Jeeps I see without alarms in them surprises me. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] A simple motion alarm, that connects with 2 wires and mounts under the hood is very cheap - I've seen them as low as $49.95. Combine that with a basic hood lock and you're reasonably protected. Yeah, we've all heard alarms going off in parking lots and been annoyed, but I still turn my head when I hear one, and I don't think too many "street-urchins" will stick around rumaging around in a Jeep with an alarm going off inside it.

My alarm is a simple Audiovox (not top of the line by any means) but it works, and I've never lost anything from inside my Jeep. Plus I'd really like to see someone try to get my stereo out from inside that Tuffy console. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I've lost things from inside my friends' Jeeps, though. [angry]

Sorry to get up on a soapbox, but theft just really really REALLY irritates me. [angry][angry][angry]

Good luck with your repairs guys,
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome