Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Any mods needed for 2" body lift on YJ
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 07:49 AM
GP'n

Re: Any mods needed for 2\" body lift on YJ

The steering column will need attention,(lengthened) and the radiator will need to be dropped, the kit (a good quality kit) will have the drop brackets needed to do this and you may have to do a little custom work around the hole for the shift levers if you have a transfer case drop installed already, if not you will be ok. Take care to check your wiring when you lift the body. You want to have enough so as not to stretch it ir break it,(the wiring). In most cases thats no problem. The fuel filler and other lines on the gas tank will need to be repositioned, but thats pretty easy. Follow the directions and you should be able to complete this with help in about 4 hours. Except for the column extention that I did at a latter date cause I thought it strectched out when I lifted the body, Wrong. I had to go back later and do this, it required the removale of the column and an hours work to get it to the right length then put it back in. You will need a good hydrolic jack (floor jack works great) with a few boards. hope this helps.
GP'n

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome