Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Advice on my upper-center console....
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 04:08 PM
H8monday

Re: Advice on my upper-center console....

Here is a picture of mine.
I have a dedicated power and ground for the CB running up through the passenger side center hoop leg.
Power for the switches and power ports are ran up through the front driver side hoop leg. And swithch for accessory and light controls are ran down the front passenger hoop leg as part of a 12 wire loom. This seperates my power sources and avoids interference to my CB which uses a 500 amp linear. I also ran an over head light, and 2 power ports. All lights are ran through relays under the hood so I fused them there. A main on off keyed swith in the over head controls power to everything but the power ports and light, so no one can mess with any of the switches if ive locked it out. The console is divided into 3 seperate sections so they can removed individualy when repairs or upgrades are needed. Dont forget to make holes between the spreaders and the hoops when fabricating so that you can run pull wires, and run extra wires for future upgrades. I love my set up. Indicator lights are used to confirm power to the main system and individual lights and switches.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-224735-CBMount.JPG (26.6 KB, 1 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome