Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Hard to take off the CJ dash?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 01:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hard to take off the CJ dash?

there are a few ways to tackle this problem. 1) and i found to be the easiest: is to remove the parts of the steering wheel and get a puller. 3$ at any parts store. the other way is to disconnect the steering shaft from the steering box. then unbolt the support plate on the firewall. the steering column will then pull right out. make sure you disconnect the ignition wiring on the column. take off the column cover plate as well. Easier then it sounds and isnt complicated at all!! the wiring has some movement but not a lot. its actually a good time to look for weak wiring. label all wires before removing them or your in for some headaches!!. its a very easy job and your dash will be out withen the hour. BUY THE PULLER!!! i did after the first 8 hours over 3 days to get the damn steering wheel off. I tried all the lazy ways to get it off!! good luck!

big,mean,loud,fast,and oh so pretty. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome