Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Steering
Thread: Steering
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Steering

First things I check is the steering linkages, arms, balljoints, as said above is there a drop pitman arm? Does the steering arm come in contact with anything else (eg. soa system..thats bad!) Did the past owner get the correct angle on the front diff after the SOA (eg castor angle).
Also what kind of shape are the shocks in? I run the Rancho 9000 and for street use I run them firm! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've tried the softer settings and it rocks & bucks like a mad bull [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] After I was done my SOA [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] my Jeeps handling is the same if not better (after I use the firm setting on the shocks) and I'm only using a 4" drop pitman arm. Will move up to steering over system when I replace my axle. For now its a Great ride puts me to sleep on the highway with the smooth YJ leafs and listening to my Super Swampers hummm along (just real relaxing to drive)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

77 CJ-7,SOA ,33" TSL's, 304 V8, T176,D300,D30,M20,

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome