Off Roading Forums banner

84' 250R

1K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  cleartoy 
G
#1 ·
84\' 250R

Hey folks, just got one, needs new tires, do they make a ITP Holeshot to fit up front? is it ok to put on bigger tires with the after market rims on there, just as long as the rim diamater is the same? how come 3 wheelers have weird front tire sizes alot of manufactor's dont offer? does anyone offer aftermarket goodies for this anymore or is it too old and dated? -Mike

G
#2 ·
Re: 84\' 250R

My father had an 83 years ago, I remember it as having a 300kit, ported cylinder, 44mm Mikuni carb, Bills Pipes exhaust.

For handling i would reccomend either Dura Blue spacer blocks to widen the rear or an axle(much more expensive).

-cleartoy

G
#3 ·

The 250r atc engine is practically a dirtbike motor...you can get a pipe, reeds, carb, better pistons...every thing...hey I have a 200x atc that is modifies to the brim and I wuold trade for yours...MINE WILL HAUL ASS!

But I want a 250r but I dont wanna sell this till I get the 250r cuz I want something to ride while mine is sold...ya know?

Get back with me at ohunt@htcomp.net

Pacman

" If you can't go through, around or under it, then go over it!!!"

G
#4 ·

Hey I realize it is pretty simaler to a bike motor, actually, it appears that the exaust off my 88 honda cr250 might fir right on!, I was wondering along the basis of tires, like my 18x9.50x8's in the rear, after market rears..if itps holeshot 18x11x 8's would fit with out problems..the rim up front has a 11 inch diamater which is pretty weird because almost no one offers a front tire for that...should I adapt a diffent rim or what so I can run a good normal front tire? cleartoy, in my opinion I think it handles pretty good in its present state with out the rear being widened, tippy yeah...but you should see how far i can ride on 2 wheels /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. can I get nerfbars for this thing? i dont feel too comfortable when my foot slips off the peg and under that rear tire..I see turf tamers are offered in 18x9.50x8, are they a good tire? who makes decent silncer for mine? my is stock, looks and sounds terrible with it..I saw a pic of a 84 250r with a "bassini" silencer.. were these any good? are they still offered, sorry pacman, this isnt for sale or trade, its a neighborhood legend and I intend to back it up and keep it that way /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif!

74' DT100 78' IT175 84' ATC250R 85' K20 88' CR250R
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.