Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Shakers for trucks?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 06:21 PM
Scoobydoo

Re: Shakers for trucks?

Don't worry about it, we ALL stick our foot in our mouth once in a while[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Me included[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I think you were talking about Ram Air
"Ram Air" Mopar and Pontiac were both pretty big on these, a couple snorkel scoops that ran air into the aircleaner.(GTX, road runner, GTO, Formula)
"Shaker" Like some one else said, hooked directly to the aircleaner and stuck out the hood, causing it to shake when the engine was running.(Trans am, mach one)
"Cowl induction" scoop with the opening in the rear with a flap controlled by vacuum from carb, more gas, the more the flap would open. This little invention probably cost me more money in gas[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]on a 70 Chevelle SS I had, just to watch that flap open [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] damn that was cooool![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Definitely a Chevrolet invention also there is the regular cowl with out the flap.(Chevelle, Camaro)
"Grabber" was also a vacuum controlled scoop, open in the front, and would raise up out of the hood (Very Cool) (Mopar superbee/superbird and ford maverick & vomit opps[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I mean comet), I think they may have put one of these on the AMC gremlin once too. But then again AMC always did weird $#@! and stole / borrowed everyone's idea's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome