Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Newbie LTR questions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
lg96gt

Newbie LTR questions

Hey guys and gals, new to quads and new to the site, been around bikes my whole life....just a few questions i'd like to ask and see if i can get cleared up. I tried searching around but just got confused from all the extra info piled in.

I bought a 2006 LTR-450 and it came with yoshi exhaust and a cherry bomb along with a few other additions but my questions only pertain to those two things. From reading around i see the cherry bomb is probably the most popular and best mod there is. my question is can i run it with the spark arrestor in the stock exhaust with the cherry bomb? where i ride noise is a big issue and the yoshi is way to loud, as is the stock exhaust with the baffle (arrestor) out. The other thing i was thinking of is getting the white brothers E2 silencer with changeable endcaps. what have you guys done to keep noise down but safely run the cherry bomb as i like the power??

my last little question...it came with an unoiled K&N filter, i know its not suppose to have oil, but do you guys really trust K&N filters over a foam filter with oil? i know on bikes its suicide to run anything but a good old fashioned foam filter with oil, whats everyones opinions on this?

thanks everyone

Luke.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome