Off Roading Forums banner
3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GhostBS 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am writing in this forum from Bulgaria - town Varna.In our forum offroad-bulgaria.com I am not received feedback on the use of tyre sealants such as slime, ultraseal, air-seal etc.What is your experience, we were unable to find anything in the forum topics.
Greetings from Bulgaria
Evgeni

#3 ·
I'll share the verry little that I know or think I know. I've used slime in bicycle innertubes. Not super impressed as it only slowed the leaks that were now harder to patch properly due to fibers (from the slime) that had to be removed from the hole. was easier to push back in because pulling the fibers just pulled out more fibers. also the slime fluid residue was dificult to clean off enough to do a proper patch. I haven't talked to any tire techs re: slime type products but assume that they have similar experiances with them.

On the other hand, I have heard that the right amount of liquid sealant inside the tire will self-balance the wheel! Again, no first hand knowledge.

Personally I carry cheep "Monkey grip" black rope style self vulcanizing plugs. About 5-10 bucks, easy to use, and quick to install. I can do it in about a minute. You want the one with black, sticky ropes between plastic sheets, rasp and the installing needle. Do not get the plugs with the messy rubber cement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.