Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Yet another MC2100 situation
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
USMCYJ
Journeyman

Yet another MC2100 situation

vehicle:
88 YJ 4.2 A/T HEI ignition module, ford dist cap, base and rotor, MC2100 from early 80's Ford van(currently the one with the problem)
Issue:
mixture leans out/engine stumbles during initial acceleration from any speed. (verified by an air/fuel ratio gauge).
situation and what I've done:
replaced my old junkyard MC2100 with a "new" junkyard MC2100. Got home and rebuilt it. old carb had #52 jets. New one has #48. It has a new 6.5 power valve. Installed carb. I DID adjust the accelerator pump linkage in each possible configuration, and test drove in each possible configuration. it IS squirting fuel when cycled. I tried to richen the mixture. Timing is at 10 BTDC (changed nothing besides the carb itself...well I adjusted the mixture, of course, using a vac gauge). All this and no change in performance. Old carb was replaced due to a vac leak at the throttle shaft, wasn't worth fixing, but ran better than it does now. Again, the only change i made was the carb. I'm thinking blown accelerator pump...but it's new as of two days ago. Any ideas?

'88 YJ

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome