Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - O/T When it's your time to go!
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM
CJ7Taz
Official Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRush View Post
You get the 'Taz' award for spell checking!
You just had to bring my name into this didn't you.

The difference between Austria and Australia is a lot more than spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlllllllOCJ View Post
There really sould be some end to this BS...

If not...

Carry On!

Dale
I donít think Daleís comment was limited to just this particular thread. I think it is to the BS you spread in general.

Iím no aviation expert, but:

Quote:
Airbus did fly by wire from the outset, which the fly by wire system held the plane up for over 5 years, and most agree it has 'Bugs' still...
The information Iíve seen differs. The Airbus A300 was not fly by wire. The information I have read agrees with what JeepDawg posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDawg View Post
....it started with the A320 ...

Quote:
And Airbus has the annoying habit of tails falling off for no apparent reason... About any old hard landing or tail drag will do it!
I know that one hasn't be resolved yet! They just had two cases in the last year!
I know of one Airbus A300 crash, American Airlines Flight 587 on Nov. 12, 2001 in New York after takeoff from John F. Kennedy Airport that kind of fits your description.
Quote:
U.S. investigators eventually concluded that American Airlines Flight 587 crashed because one of the pilots manipulated the rudder so sharply that aerodynamic forces increased to such pressure that the vertical stabilizer - the large vertical tail fin that contains the rudder - snapped off. The crash has led to new training for airline pilots in how to avoid similar disasters.

Only one major issue remains in dispute between the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board and the French- based aircraft manufacturer Airbus. The safety board has recommended that Airbus change the "feel" of the pilots' rudder pedals to make sharp moves more difficult.

The board, in its investigation report on Oct. 26, 2004, said that the co-pilot of the Airbus, who was flying at that point, overreacted when the plane hit the wake of a heavily loaded Boeing 747 that had lifted off minutes before. Hitting such twirling wakes can come as a shock to pilots who fly into them, but generally are not dangerous.

The pilot's sharp rudder movements set up an increasingly sharp series of left-and-right aircraft movements that eventually put air pressure on the rudder almost double what it was designed for.

The safety board recommended increased pilot training on the dangers of rudder manipulation, a recommendation readily agreed to by airlines and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
Personally, I think you fell asleep with your television on and tuned to either AMC or TCM. While you were sleeping, the Jimmy Stewart movie, "No Highway in the Sky" came on and the audio cause you to dream the whole thing.

One of the passengers killed on American Airlines Flight 587 was Hilda Yolanda Mayol, a 26-year-old American woman on her way to vacation in her native Dominican Republic. Two months earlier, on September 11, Mayol worked at a restaurant on the ground floor of the World Trade Center and escaped before the building collapsed.

Another coincidence, this stuff happens all the time. Itís not fate, bad luck or juju but simply caused by the number of people in the world. The odds are simply that sometimes someone will escape death only to be killed a short time later.

Quote:
... The HK-1 or the military designation, H-4 Hercules ('H' for 'Heavy), ...
Can you support that? The HK-1 was for Hughes and Kaiser. When Kaiser withdrew from the project, it became H-4. I would have assumed the ďHĒ was for Hughes. If not, what happened to Heavy-1 thru 3?

Quote:
In the case of at least 3 different B-2 aircraft, they simply flipped over backwards, or nosed into the ground shortly after takeoff,
And a glitch was found in a sensor/computer interface, and according to the Air Farce, it's been fixed...
The information I have seen is that ONE B-2 has crashed. That was on 23 February 2008 at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. It did not flip over on its back, it stalled on takeoff and the left wing hit the ground. The stall was blamed on moisture in air-data sensors.

Do you have any references for your ďat least 3Ē other B-2 crashes that flipped over backwards? This wasnít one of them.

As I said, Iím no expert on these matters but for some reason, there is a huge discrepancy between your stories and what I have seen elsewhere. You have shown a long time habit of just making stuff up as you go along. I think this is more of the same, but maybe my information is wrong here.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome