Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 83 CJ7 wipers only work on high
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Tim-E
Journeyman

83 CJ7 wipers only work on high

Hey everybody

I got a something thats been bugging me for a little while, and since I've got my mc2100 running so sweet these days, I've got time to address this issue, and I hope you guys can help:

Just this past year, the wipers on my '83 CJ7 wipers quit working on the intermittent and low settings.
They only work on high, which is killing my wipers, and its a pain to turn on and off as the rain slows.

On the wiper switch there is a white/tan wire, with a ring shaped connector, as if it bolts to something to ground, but it was not connected to anything when i removed the switch to check it
the LOW and Intermittent settings worked before, and I don't think i ever unbolted or disconnected this white/tan wire.

Where would this wire go?

When I ground said wire out with the intermittent setting on, I hear a slight click/connection noise come from that little black box next to the wiper switch (some sort of relay?) but nothing happens. So I don't think its the switch, but this relay...

What is going on here?
Do I need a new relay?
How else can I get LOW speed on these wipers?

Thanks
Tim

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome