Off Roading Forums banner

Admin: Pay attention!

4K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  Raduckal 
#1 · (Edited)
Which ever one of the 'Tech' guys keeps turning on the 'SCRIPT ERRORS' and putting in the giant scripted advertisements in everything are making it VERY HARD for us To READ the posts,
Reply to the posts,
OR,
Post anything up...

So how about leaving the giant and unreasonable advertisement scrips off this end of the forum?!!!
-----------------------------

You are crashing my UPDATED FireFox and it's not funny anymore...

-----------------------------

Doing something about the advertisements pushing the forum off the right side of the page would be good too!
I hate having to adjust every page so I can read the actual post!
(you know, the reason I'm here...)

#38 ·
Well, actually I'm the WO-man, but yeah, I think I got that one.

Can't believe how easy, IN MY FACE the answer was. I swear the last two months I haven't had same rights - how did I miss that field every time I went in to the control panel?!

Anyway, hopefully we're good to go for now. Good traffic on here lately, uppers are happy.

Now I can look around and find something FUN to talk about - like Readers Rides, or where people are going this summer...

#41 ·
Can post from IE6 again, thanks to everyone that helped.

It still takes some time to cache all of the ads but it is tolerable.

Now why is it important that IE6 and IE7 load pages in a reasonable length of time??? Simple... About 71% of the traffic is from IE and about 24% of the traffic will be from FireFox. Think about that, nearly 3/4 of the people that come here use Internet Explorer. Most will be using IE7 but some will still be using IE6 and others with have updated to IE8. Makes testing a little tricky don't it?

:cheers:
Dale

#43 ·
Yeah, same Goodyear ad. Seems to be in a rotation with other ads this time so it doesn’t come up every session.

There also seem to be 2 similar Goodyear ads. One will lock me up the other doesn’t.

Just popped up while I was posting this.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.