Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Admin: Pay attention!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Caver Dave
Mud in my Veins
 
Caver Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 5,512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRush View Post
Which ever one of the 'Tech' guys keeps turning on the 'SCRIPT ERRORS' and putting in the giant scripted advertisements in everything are making it VERY HARD for us To READ the posts,
Reply to the posts,
OR,
Post anything up...

So how about leaving the giant and unreasonable advertisement scrips off this end of the forum?!!!
-----------------------------

You are crashing my UPDATED FireFox and it's not funny anymore...

-----------------------------


Doing something about the advertisements pushing the forum off the right side of the page would be good too!
I hate having to adjust every page so I can read the actual post!
(you know, the reason I'm here...)


Aaron,

Since it's ORCs "biz model" to fly these advertisements, it's unlikely they'll go away completely if left to them. That's like asking the USPS to stop covering the pretty envelopes with address labels & stamps or a cat to stay outta the sandbox! (ain't gonna happen)

However, if you did some basic research into the MANY extensions for Firefox, you'd find at least 2-3 mentioned right in THIS VERY FORUM that will stop ALL advertising. Specifically, check out Adblock Plus and set the filter string as close this as possible "http://engage2.advanstar.com/*"... blocks 75% of the ads and should give you enough insight to figure out how to block the remaining 25%.

Using this 1 extension will clean the "ads" better than Grandma's Lye Soap! A bit different than the all the kluge you're seeing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ORC_comaprison.jpg (100.3 KB, 3 views)

Caver Dave
'72 "Mossy Edition" Commando
the Trail Forge
Caver Dave is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome