Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Alpha Sports (Aeon) LG50
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
larry horne

Alpha Sports (Aeon) LG50

I feel like I'm the only person left with one of these. Santa brought my daughter a used Alpha Sports LG50 quad 2 years ago and it is in great shape. We did not use it last year although I did start it often and added STABIL to the fuel.

Got it out last week, replaced the battery and would not start. Problem was no fuel. Ran fine on starting fluid so I took the carb off and looked inside did minor cleaning and got it started. Ran nice.

Took it to the field and she ran it for about 20 minutes but she only runs it about half throttle, shes 8 years old. I took it around at full throttle and only got half way around the field before it bogged down. Ran the carb bowl dry. Couldn't get it to start so loaded it up and home we went.

Took carb off and completely apart, cleaned and reassembled. Have not installed it yet so don't know if it is fixed.

I was shocked by the difficulty in locating parts except on the Apha website and man are they expensive. Any idea why I cannot find an overhaul kit for the carb? Mikuni AM3. Seems fairly standard.

Any recommendations?

Lar

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome