Off Roading Forums banner

Front Lockright

445 views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I installed my front lockright on the weekend. It was pretty easy, about 1:45 to install. We haven't had any snow stay on the ground yet so I can't say how it handels yet. The roads are quite icy though and the rear lockright pushes you straight, not letting you turn. I can't wait for a big snow fall. It looks like it will be after christmas for that though. I don't get any front driveshaft vibrations. I guess I'm lucky there.
Happy holidays!
Aaron Molson.

G
#2 ·
Like I said earlier, it's about a 2 hr. job (15 min. to reassemble the hubs on a CJ? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif). The only place I've found it to be a
problem is on the slickrock we have an abundance of around here. It's like driving on sandpaper, and when you try to turn with the
frontend locked up it puts a real strain on the front end components. But, it's worth it when your Jeep goes right up vertical rock
faces! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G
#3 ·
One other comment about the LockRite in a D30. I was very unimpressed with the apparent strength of the D30 carrier. It seems to
me only a matter of time before it decides to go away doing some serious wheeling.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G
#4 ·
Brad, as I've posted before, I have a lockrite in the front D30 on my CJ. I share your concerns about the strength of the carrier.
The only reason I don't have a Detroit, they weren't yet available yet when I installed the lockers. I also agree that there is nothing
like lockers front and rear.

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.