Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Jeep Buggy Update
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
KentuckyCrawler
Veteran

Jeep Buggy Update

Here are a couple of pictures on the buggy progress. The axles are under it and have been rebuilt. Front 5.13 gears and a lockright, rear 5.13 gears and a mini spool.

Coilovers are on and should be just about perfect when I get the drive train, and 1 or 2 people in it. Right now the front is compressed only 3/4" and the rear a little over 1". When I get the drive train/etc. in it it should be compressed about 3 more inches front and rear.

I have a set of 6.5 gears comming for my divorced x-fer case and I plan to try and get my engine/tranny in this weekend.

I have finally decided to use the Cushman engine and tranny(because I have it) with the Sami divorced transfer case. My final drive ratio will be 120:1, I think my engine can push ed 1450lbs at that ratio.

Steering is in progress and seats are ready to be installed.

It sits level, my wife just needs some practice with the camera. BTW the wheel base is 101.5" right now! AND yes I have to move my front lower arms, I just tacked them there to get the buggy rolling so I could move it back into my garage, didn't want them on for good until I get the motor and tranny in to make sure there will be no interference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeep.JPG (32.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg jeep2.JPG (72.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep3.JPG (78.7 KB, 2 views)

2001 TJ Built, Wrecked, then Built Bigger, then rolled and fixed again, now rolled again. Do you see a pattern!!

Last edited by KentuckyCrawler; 04-24-2008 at 12:21 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome