Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - help with mc2100/2150
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
onecrazyblackredneck

help with mc2100/2150

Okay rebuilt my mc2100 ( actually think it is a 2150 becuae it has the altitude adjuster thing on the back) and I put it on there and ran new fuel lines. I sprayed some starter fluid in there and had my wife crank it while I worked the throttle and it would turn over but as I am watching the fan it would stop for a second then start turning again. I keep having to charge my battery so I am thinking everytime it is about to fire the battery doesnt have enough juice to push it, am I correct or is the starter or solonoid?
My other question is the firing order on this thing was wired up different than the haynes says so I rewired it like the haynes said to, I need a new cap and the cap for the 258 wasnt even close, the cap that was the same was off a preelectric ignition chevy. so it has the wrong distributor and I have an hei on the way, I just wanted to see if it would run with my mc2100 on there. would this affect the starting problem I am having.
Lastly I got a accelerator cable that your supposed to get for this swap but my question is how do you get the existing one out of the firewall?? and on the linkage it is hooked up to another linkage going under the jeep, is this to the tranny? do I leave that linkage alone? THANKS IN ADVANCE, YOULL ARE GREAT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome