Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Choosing a Side-by-Side
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Billy Bob
Keyboard Implanted

a little more details about your *work* would help some. what kind of terrain do you ride? drove polaris's and i **PERSONALLY** dont care for the down hill freewheelin attitude they have. but im in eastern tn with mountains so the engine braking of the rhino and the smaller size was attractive for my family. I have had to mount a seat and rear cage in the bed for the daughter but thats a trade off of a 2 seater. the polaris is a bench seat with room for 3 if its needed. however, i do use the rhino for work everyday on the farm. if i put several hundred pounds in the bed on the rhino, it DOES make the front wheels light and makes turning harder because of the lack of traction on the front and the spool in the rear keeping it live drive. no spider gears in the rhino. yes it does tear up the grass when im in the yard, but i honestly do not worry about it, its just less to mow. wbhere are you located? best thing to do is go riding with somebody who has either one that your interested in and see which one better suits you. also check out RUV - Recreational Utility Vehicles - UtilityOffRoad.com, theres TONS of useful info there that im sure will help ya decide. if your close to eastern TN, come on buy with the quad, we'll go for a good ride, you can drive a 07 rhino and check it out...
BiLLy bOb

Head chef for izook eventshon
Do unto others as you want done to you!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome