Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Next build, opinions wanted !
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
SilentBob2
Can't Get Enough

I can be slow at times but not that slow !!! It took me a year on the Scrambler but I took it down to the frame and had it blasted so it was more of a restoration and build up and it took a lot of cash. Im trying to use what I have and don't really care if parts hold up or not. The CJ5 has cammo paint so paint isn't an issue.
The more I think about how much fun I had in the old 5 the more I want to make something out of it. If I had the energy, I could probably have it up and going within the month. I would like to have it somewhat trail worthy by the end of summer so I can take it over to Disney OK and have some fun( thats where I broke it). I would like to make it there sooner but we actually getting some hay out of the fields this year so all the trailers are tied up on the weekends.
JYG, I know you are a firm believer in driving them there but mine allways seem to end up broken so I found taking a trailer is a wise way to go.. I hate when people tell that my jeep wont do it and sometimes I just don't know when to quit. I will post pics as soon as I make some room in the shop!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome