Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Next build, opinions wanted !
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
SilentBob2
Can't Get Enough

Next build, opinions wanted !

Ok I got the Scrambler done for the wife and thought it was time for a change, so I decided to work on a 46 chevy truck.
Well I have to admit it but I can't stand it and have to get one of the others up and going. This is what I have to start with. I have my 74 CJ5 that needs some frame work and the motor dropped back in it with the stock axles with the locked rear 44 or I have the 69 jeepster which needs a complete drivetrain under it or an 87 cherokee that I have allready gutted the drive train out of it.
My parts to start with are the stock axles out of the Scrambler with the rear 20 having mosere shafts and detroit gearless locker and some horrible high gears. I also have to 10 bolts front and rear out of a K5 blazer along with the SM465 and 205 case and a 350 or 307 to install with them. I also have some waggy 44's but not sure what kinda shape they are in. I have a set of 33's that are enough for what I want and if I really feel like breaking something, I have set of 44's that Im sure will break the axles listed above.

I thought of cutting the CJ5 down into like a pickup cab or tub and putting it on a extra jeepster frame that I have for the longer wheel base and build a cage around it and just run 33's on the K5 drive train. What do you guys think. Im not planning on tagging this so it will be more of a buggy!!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome