Off Roading Forums banner

Playing around in the snow... first real snow

530 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  John_Strenk 
#1 ·

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Playing around in the snow... first real sno

i was just thinking tonight that i wish that my jeep was together so i could go and play in the snow.

#4 ·

Ya it was nice... But i need to get my shocks in. I got mad front wheel hop. Soon as i get my rear towers done i can get them in there.... I just cant stop playing around with the Jeep to get it done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#5 ·

I was 'Playing around" also

I got stuck again !! Big time!!

The guy's drive I was plowing never marked his drive out and I was cleaning the apron. There was a 3' (foot) drainage ditch right at the end.

Wheels drop down, the whole jeep tilts at a 45* angle and I go, "Shoot" or something like that. The blade slices through the frozen snow and stics itself in. I can only move a couple of inches in either direction. Shoot Shoot shoot shoot shoot!!. I'vee should of taken a picture.

Well I can't raise the plow high enough out od the snow and the front tire just spins on the edge when it makes contact with the drive. More about this later.

Well after a few minuets trying to muscle my way out I dropped the plow again and angled it against the snow. Doing this and driving in revese pushed the jeep up back onto the apron. It's something that you'll never find in an offroad hand book.

It took me 90 min to clear his drive of snow and ice. He had a section of drive that rose 20' in about 30' not to mention all the 4x4 trucks stuck in the driveway. I had to clear a path to each truck to get them out.

Only problem is my jeep started do have some severe wheel hop on both axles. It was so bad that I was creating mogouls down the drive. Now this was frozen snow not fresh powder. But I don't know why this started to hop all of the sudden. any ideas??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.