Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - MOAB Cops
Thread: MOAB Cops
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
The_Sandman_454

Re: MOAB Cops

<font face="Comic Sans MS">As I stated on the IFS forum, the pointless bickering needs to end. It's bad enough I have to put up with it on the forums I directly control, I'd rather it not spread elsewhere on the site as well.

And coincidentally I have experienced good law enforcement officers and not so good ones. The downside to the police force is they're human, and subject to the problems and issues as people of every other profession. They probably should be held to a higher standard, and often are, but there are some that might happen to slip through the cracks. We had one officer in my town who would write people tickets for 1mph over. Luckily they got enough harassment complaints against him to where he had to drive a desk for a while, which seems to have calmed the situation back down. If you think you've been unfairly targeted and/or treated in an inappropriate way, get their badge number and have a word with one of the guy's superior officers. If enough people do that, and the claims aren't baseless, something will get done about it. Truth be told law enforcement looks to be a lousy job where one gets underpaid for the risk the officers face day in and day out.

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Ranting about it on an internet forum isn't going to help solve anything. Constructive things to do would be to address the city council, county officials, or whatever they have along with the police department, detailing exactly what happened, and a witness or two in your favor can't hurt. You need to make it beneficial for the politicians (local, etc) to want to stop the problem officers, and the usual way to coax a politician into action is find a legitimate threat to their income. </font>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome