Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - transfer case delemma??
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
toyo84CJ

Re: transfer case delemma??

I have a set of wagoneer axles that came on the cj. 3.31 gers and a blown seal. The real problem is tagging as I would really like to put tags on the rig first. I may try to inspect it as is. oh yeah and then i need to box out the rear which the duder i got it from didn't do. which caused major vibrations when he screwed up the pinion angle. Wanna hear somethin funny. when i pulled it of the trailer on Easter sunday 2 years ago I grabbed my girl and we went for a spin. i came back to my parents house (2 car garage 1 car)to start pulling the interior and the yoake on the rear gave out pulling into the garage. so i slapped on some 79 cj axles,and redid the front suspension to make everything fit for inpsection.

So my new plan due to MD law is inspect it once and then do what you want just make it look legal.(we have the toughest 1 time inspect laws here but only once.)?? this thing was up 8 inches and they are way strict on laws like that here.
Send the rear and front end to get fixed and regeared to 4.10 and swap out the 360 for the 304. with the t999 and other transfer case. the 300 won't go into low gear. the other dana 20 i have a 2 stick for and i love it. As i would rather hit the shore dunes than go crawlin. I need bigger meats for crawlin. only 33" around here 37" minimum.

I hope it will inspect cross your fingers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome