Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Questions about CJ5 Dana 44 rear
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:22 AM
jeepnut_nh
Addict

Re: Questions about CJ5 Dana 44 rear

cant say about the centering pin [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], i never got that far....

for the axles you will have to remove the brakes(if memory serves [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]) to get at the bolts for the hub bearing retainer, remove the retainer and she'll come right out with mild persuasion---watch out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warning.gif[/img] theres oil in there so have a pan under there or you will be cleaning your driveway...lol not that i found out the hard way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]....ok i did [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i found the picture in 4WD hardware's catalog to be MOST helpful--note that there is no part number listed for that bearing retaining plate so dont bend it up cause ya apparently cant get 'em--also after much looking with my company's bearing supplier--get outer hub bearings from 4wd hardware--only place we could find those puppies

hope this helps....ill check my picture when i get home from work and post if im wrong

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome