Off Roading Forums banner

got a sweet deal on a hard top

408 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Skellator 
#1 ·
hey everyone went to the local pick and pull yard to look for some stuff to finish my swap and came accross an 84 hardtop with minimal damage. after taking my other stuff i needed to the office asked how much they wanted for it. made a deal with them for 150. told them that was all i had and if it was anymore i didn't want it. they took it and i almost got out of there with the steel doors included.

anyone know what a fair price on the doors would be? they too are in awesome shape. only one has surface rust at the bottom. both handle mechanisms need to be replaced though.

just thought i would let everone know you can still find great deals out there.

Derek

G
#2 ·
First....congrats on the great find....most yards want $500+ depending on the condition.

As for doors....it varies...$100 each on the low end....to $250 each on the high end. Walk in with $100 cash and see what they say. You can get new handles from Krage for about $20 each.

#3 ·
Wow.. And to think I had issues getting rid of my old 83 CJ7 tub (floors were bad, but sides were in good condition), hard doors (one was hurting, other was good), and hardtop (great condition) all for best offer.. I finally got $150 for the lot.. All I wanted to do is unload it.. infact, if the dude offered to simply take it off my hands, I would have taken him on his offer..

Now I just have to get rid of the TF727 auto in the garage.. Any takers?

I guesse it's all right place, right time..

Later..

#4 ·
I picked up a CJ hardtop at a local pick and pull for $50 a couple months ago. One draw back,, some a-hole cut part of the leading edge off with a jig saw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif

Ohh well looks like I get to take a crash course in fiberglass repair. And find some doors that'll work with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.