Off Roading Forums banner

Let's go wheeling

859 views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim_Lou 
#1 ·
Let\'s go wheeling

My favorite Georgia niece has loved Uncle Jim's Jeep since she learned to talk. Now she's taking graduate classes at St. Louis U and has most Friday afternoons off. Some Midwest guys want to get together at Rockport or Redbird or even Attica? The Badlands would be a long haul for us for a single day, but . . .

#2 ·
Re: Let\'s go wheeling

Im down for something depending on the weekend,

i like rockport, never been to redbird, attica is fine too

day trips would be nice but for the drive i might as well camp wherever we go, bring the laptop for homework at night maybe

....i still owe you a pack/bottle of beverages for checking out that CJ6 for me!

lemme know!

#3 ·

I'd be interested as long as its not too far. I think Rockport would be my choice and I'd camp out. The problem is I don't have very many free weekends for Sept, but that doesn't mean the rest of you can't go.

#5 ·

The only weekend this month I don't have anything planned is the weekend of the 23rd-25th. But if we go into October, I have every weekend open excluding the 10/1/05.

#7 ·

Oh, well I'm long back from Estes. I just forgot to change the location in my profile. Ooops. October would be preferable for me, but the 23rd is workable if gas prices stay pretty level.

#12 ·

Nick, Greg, and anyone else:

I just talked to Britni. So far her schedule calls for her to get off at noon on Friday the 23rd, and she's up for it. We could be in the Rockport area by late afternoon. Wheel Saturday and head home early Sunday so that she can study. Where to stay? Someone mentioned a camp ground in the area. Being as how she's a GURL, she might like some amenities like a shower and terlet.

Will, and anyone else:

I just talked to Bob, who was getting home from a trip to British Colimbia in the bus. He's ready to go again, and also wants to call up some of the bunch who used to go there every year a couple of decades ago. Ricci and Brit are both up for that, so we may need an extra seat.

We usually do that in mid- to late October, a couple of weeks before deer season opens. Have to find out when that is and start making plans.

#14 ·

No way to know until the time comes. She said that the work is getting tougher, and she's not the kind of whipporwill who would duck sturying just to go play. Anyone we know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She's interested in going to the Mark Twain in late October, but that's too far off to count on. And it would be a pretty long haul for you.

#18 ·

I think I've changed my plans for that weekend and will be going to a cowboy action shoot instead. This way I can save money on gas, food, repairs, etc....and spend it on the Oct trip to the NE for that whole shindig. Sorry guys to drop out at this point....but I just don't think its my best option right now.

#24 ·

FYI: If you pick Lake Pittsfield, be aware that although is's a very nice place....stay out of the water. The place is infested with Water Moccasins. Last time we were there with the grandbabies we counted probably 50-60 within an hour period.....not good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.