Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Attica Saturday, 09-03?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:15 AM
OlllllllOCJ
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Attica Saturday, 09-03?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to but already have plans. Drat!

[/ QUOTE ]

Understandable.... but you would have had a swell time Jim. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Seems that little to none of that rain in the past week bothered to fall on Attica. You know that great tire/brake wash puddle that the kids play in behind the office? It was down to a mud puddle about four Jeep lengths long by ten foot wide. The typically large pond down the hill from the office (across the road from the snack bar) was also dried down to a booger pit that even the ATVs seemed to avoid. Heck even the creek was down to a trickle.

Now that is not to say that you couldn't find a few really smelly mud holes to waller in. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

But the place was so dry and there were so few people out there, not even very many ATVs. We went places that normally Jeeps don't go.... Off into the ATV trails in the bottoms where some days a air boat might be better bet than a heavy old Jeep.

Actually got bored running the creek and pulled up and out in different places just to look around.

Circled the quarry a couple of times trying to remember all of the trails and how they were when it was wet out. Would have been a great day to map with a GPS (sorry I don't have one).

Did some of the power line and wondered around just to the north of the main gate. Thanks Joel.... I would likely have never even gone into that area... Thought it was all hard core or ATV trail. There is some easy and fun stuff back in there for everyone (even wet).

OK, OK.... enough of why I had fun...

Sweet Pea's rig has had some mods and that was the point of todays ride. The ole YJ worked wonderful all day (when the four squirrels were not on break, silly squirrels). And then even when the darn squirrels did take an unexpected break Sweet Pea hung in there and drove out (a couple times dead stick).

I didn't get to take any pictures, dead batteries. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img] Kathy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]

It was a swell day.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Dale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome