Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Am I getting myself in trouble ???
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Pete88YJ
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Am I getting myself in trouble ???

Well, keep in mind you are talking about a vehicle that's 33 years old. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

So what you expect out of the vehicle is also important. If you're thinking that you're going to put an alternator and brakes into a 72 CJ5 and have it be just as good as a 2005 TJ from your Jeep dealer in terms of work required and reliability, you're probably going to be disappointed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now, if you want something that will get you 'into town' a few miles each morning down some country roads, but you won't mind a bumpy ride, and a few niggly issues that will come up, then that may be a bit more realistic. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

So, some idea of what you expect out of the vehicle might be a good way for us to say whether we think you'll be happy with an old CJ.

Just my $0.02 (or $6.74 in Canadian ---- I can never remember the conversion.) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Good luck
Pete

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome