Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Do You cut or round corrners
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Jeeper99xj

Do You cut or round corrners

I was thinking about this friday night when i was pulling an all nighter helping my buddy swap rockwells into his f150. I was cutting shackles and asked him if he wanted me to just do a straight cut or if he wanted the corrners rounded off. He said straight so they can get done. I got to thinking (yeah i know Andy thinking with a good night's sleep is scarry enough, just imagine me without any sleep) about how he was "cutting corrners" to get his project done. The shackles probably would have looked much better with rounded corrners but he wanted to get. It's not like it effects the strength or function to round the corrners but it's one of those little details that makes a differance.

We ended up working on the truck for 16 1/2 hours that night after having work on the truck every night this past week till around midnight. He was just trying to get it done and at 10:30 he gave up, we were meeting to go wheeling at noon and still needed to weld on front shackle hangers, some welds to hold the rear bumper/shackle hangers on, roll the truck out on drums, bolt tires on and remount the gas tank. We were thrashing to get done and cutting corrners in many places. Are you the type to cut corrners to get things done or do you take your time and do it right/ nice looking. The s10 disaster is a rig that i cut correnrs/ just don't really care about as long as it's on the trail and my jeep is taking for ever to finsh so it will be done right without any cut corrners.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome