Off Roading Forums banner

Diesel

398 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Shovel 
G
#1 ·
Everyone has been thinking it. With cheap gas hitting $2.00/gallon I bet everyone is re-thinking it again. What do you think it would take??? I would assume it's a lot like a 460 conversion with some extra fuel tank/line concerns. What Diesels were in full size Fords for what model years and how were they. I know I would like a 2000 powerstroke but I bet they can be had cheaper and fit better if you get one for your model year truck.

I gotta 1990 with E4OD.

82 CJ-7, 97 TJ Sport, 90 Bronco

G
#3 ·
A very little know fact is that the Frame on Diesel ford trucks is slightly WIDER in the front, There for you have to notch the frame on the bronco to make it fit. and the diesel engines wieght is about 300-500lbs. more than a 460!!! Me and my father almost have his diesel bronco complete but we shortened the frame of his F-250 deisel truck to 105" wb and set a bronco body on it. We just got it running and are doing the body work on it right now..... He ordered a 6" suspention lift for it and is putting a D60 inplace of the ifs...... 4.11 gears, factory Limited slip, and granny 4speed. this thing is gunna rock in the mud with all that bottom end.

Do'n it with only 6 cylinders!
member of Team boarcock off-road club

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.