Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Got my New Tub!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Reitman

Got my New Tub!!!

Well, I went ahead and picked up one of the $600 fiberglass tubs in GA. I rented a pickup from Enterprise and drove 700 miles round trip. I'm sure the Enterprise guy was pretty pissed when the checked the mileage this morning.
This place in Georgia has a TON of parts. They don't have Jeeps you pull parts off of, but they have bodies, doors, seats, all kinds of dashboards, gauges with full harnessess, and a ton more. I picked up the tub for $600, two pairs of seat brackets for $40 total, and a gas cap mount thing for $5. The seat brackets are the kind that 4WD sells for like $50 a pair for the older model CJ5's. They have a bunch of bodies left. Some of them are for later model CJ 5's and some for early ones. Most of them have some scratches on one side, but other than that, they are nice.
So, I've got the tub sitting in my backyard, have the wiring harness on the way. All I need now are the tail lights, seats, and a mounting kit for the tub.

I can't believe how much I saved. The pickup cost $45 for the day and $75 for gas. Not too shabby.

Later all

Sean

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome