Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Another 258 GM TBI post -- chip burning / files???
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Pete88YJ
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Another 258 GM TBI post -- chip burning / files???

Hi all,
I've read up a bunch on this topic - various sources - and I'm just about ready to hit the junkyard and start compiling parts as soon as the weather improves.

The most complicated part I think most people agree on is the chip programming/erasing/burning/buying/spark&fuel tables/Howell/ALDL/laptop/cable
aspect. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Now, in surfing all GM TBI info I could find, I came across a site of Triumph TR8 guys who have been playing with the GM TBI also, and they offer a chip burning service for $19.95. You give them your chip and your program, and they will put it on the chip for you. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

web page

Now I know some of you have this system running, and if we could get a program together, and a programming service, we could create an easily-purchasable 258 chip for this swap.

So my questions are:
1) Am I just on the slow bus, and have you guys done this already? Does someone else or any of you offer a programming service? Is there one of you I can just buy a programmed chip from (for a reasonable cost)?
2) Would those of you with the program info be willing to help (me and others)?
3) Does this make sense to any of you? The rest of the system seems very bolt on.

Seems to me that with this critical portion, we could make a simple plug and play GM TBI bolt-on for the whole 258 community.

Post up your thoughts.
Thanks,
Pete

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome