Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Need some advice on an appropriate truck camper?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:03 AM
LooseNut
Addict

Re: Need some advice on an appropriate truck camper?

You have lots of options. I assume you're looking at a pop-up like the TC-700. There's also the Northstar MC-600 (a little shorter) in that lineup. www.northstarcampers.com

I like the Sun-lite Skyhawk and Skyhawk SB www.sunvalley.com.

If you want higher end, there's the Outfitter Caribou 6.5 www.outfittermfg.com.

Palomino makes a nice package that's usually more affordable than Northstar. I believe it's the B-600. www.palominorv.com.

Phoenix campers makes mini truck sizes, as do their cousin company Coyote. Look at the Phoenix Wigwam and the Coyote C6M. the Coyote's are lower-priced. www.phoenixcampers.com

Lite-craft makes real nice ones like the mini-Timberline www.lite-craftcamper.com.

If you want the light-weight advantage, look at 4-wheel campers. The Eagle 6' weighs 690 lbs. Most other mini-truck campers are 1000-1200 lbs. They also offer the "shell" models that start at 530 lbs with an empty interior that you can use as you wish. www.fourwheelcampers.com.

Have fun and good luck. I used to be obsessed with mini truck pop-ups. I was convinced I could get one in my early 4Runner. I've sorta given up though, but someday I'll get a mini truck and a camper, that's for sure.

Eric

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome