Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Driveshaft issues/limiting strap question
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 08:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Driveshaft issues/limiting strap question

Ok,

I've had the jeep off the road for a year now, did a tub swap, wiring, Pontiac helped me build a custom alum. dash, re-did the cage, etc, etc.

Finally getting towards the end. I built a flat skid plate and raised the drivetrain about 2 inches.

Buggy leaf in the rear and moved the axle back about 4inches. Now I have a huge angle on the driveshaft and not sure what to do. I was planning on using a cv shaft from a cherokee. Looking last night its not going to work if the axle drops any. But its ok at normal position.

Here's my question - I was planning on using limiting straps to keep the axle from dropping to far if the buggy is just way flexy. I was going to have one in the center and one at each end. Knowing that it will flex a lot.

If I was to limit the center from dropping maybe about 1 inch, would that affect the droop of the ends of the axles? The way I see it, the tires would still drop like crazy and the center section would just stay in the correct position...

Any suggestions besides buying a high angle shaft which is out of the budget at this time?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome