Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - CJ Frame Swap
Thread: CJ Frame Swap
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 PM
MarineOpLaw
Can't Get Enough

Re: CJ Frame Swap

Dusty,

First off, PLS finish filling out your profile so we can get to know you a little better. It also helps us to help you when we know a little more about you.

That said, I cannot answer you first question, but this reply will serve to 'bump' your post back to the top (BTT) so maybe someone else can/will.

As to your second question: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
when six cylinder engines were introduced did they stop using the four?

[/ QUOTE ]
the answer is no. to my knowledge Jeeps have always been offered w/ four cyl. engines... from the initial MB in '41 to present day. I think the only Jeep vehicles NOT offered w/ 4 cyl engines were the full-size Cherokees, Wagoneers and J-trucks.

Per my reference material, the first Jeep 6 cyls (6-226's)appeared in the '54 Willys trucks &amp; station wagons. The first CJ's w/ 6cyl engines appeared in '66 (w/ the Buick V-6 225ci 'Dauntless'). (Hopefully, my ref book is correct, but Will just caught some erroneous info I gleaned therefrom and posted... hopefully he will likewise verify or correct this, as well as may be able to answer your frame question.)

Godspeed w/ you -2A work.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome