Off Roading Forums banner

aluminum aradiader

940 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  vitl2002 
#1 ·
i have a big desel 3 core eadeator in my truck and its leeking pritey bad and i think its pritey pluged up to and thats why my trucks been running so hot

i called 1 800 raidaders and thay wanted $300 for a 4 core, i was thinking about sumits 31x19 in. aluminum radeader with 2 1in. cores it seas it will out cool a 4 core and i have 2500 cfm fans, do you think this will keep a 454 with cam, pistons, 750 carb, intake, header cool?,

i know its a bit smaller than mine but i dont think mine is doing mutch, summit sead it should be fine as long as its under 12 to 1 compreshon, i dont know what kind of pistons its got but ther hier comreshon,it will still run on 92 octane so its probley under 12 to 1?

what do you think?

#4 ·
i ended up geting the alumunum radeater and got it in, it took some mesing arownd since its smaller but with it and just the electric fans i had my running temp droped 30 to 35 degres, it dosent sound like mutch but its so mutch beter

now im looking at 2 more fans and a 30% higher flow water pump, shold be nine and cool then

#6 ·
you bet, it may be a whiel before i get one im geting marid next month so im not gona have mutch money, i think i was looking at geting a welend

dose eneyone know how to tell if its a long or short water pump?, its like an 82-84 454 from a suberben i think

#7 ·
this seems trange, if i start my truck coold and let it warm up just enufe to drive it runs up to about 220 but ig i let it worm up all the way to about 200 then drive it it stay right thare

could this be a bad t- stat?, or mabey the gage is crap, i have an after market temp ga

G
#9 ·
The short water pump should sit pretty tight against the block, the long one will have a large gap behind it, almost enough to stick your hand down behind the water pump. Keep in mind this is looking straight down at the water pump from above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.